Monday, March 7, 2016

Maybe we are searching for the wrong thing...

You know you've had that time where you were working on something all day and it just wasn't working, someone comes by and says..."what if....?" and it's like BAM! "Why didn't I think of that??" Well maybe you weren't asking the right questions.

I think we might be programed to be lazy. We are rarely taught to challenge what is presented to us. Instead we have a standard "manual" that we follow, basic questions for each situation and we know...if I find the answer, I win!

It all started with this thought...
Sometimes things get stuck and you just repeat the same old crap because that's all you know. One day something comes along that pulls your head out, for a minute you see things clear. I always say that there is no better therapist than yourself, you are the only one that knows your true self but in order to hear your answers you have to be given the questions. I think often times we spend our lives looking for the answers when it's actually the questions we lack. I love talking to people because that's when I learn the most about myself.

********
I wrote that to a friend in an email and it got me thinking...


No comments: